Solomon Built the Temple
Life Kids This Week
Week of November 12-13, 2016
King David had wanted to build a temple for God, but God had a different plan. God wanted Solomon to build a temple where God could dwell with His people and where they could worship him. So God told Solomon to build a temple and Solomon obeyed.
Because God is holy, only the priests could approach God in the temple – and only if they followed specific instructions. Ordinary people had no direct access to the holy presence of God. Jesus changed all that. By His death on the cross, Jesus took away our sin. We can approach God intimately and individually when we trust Jesus as Lord and Savior.
Help your kids see how the temple shows the holiness of God and how we are separated from Him because of our sin. Remind them that the temple also points toward Jesus who came to bring us to God when we trust in Him.
Family Talking Points
- God knows everything.
- Solomon built a temple for God.
- Solomon told the people to love God with all their hearts.
- We can worship God wherever we go.
- Where does wisdom come from? Wisdom comes from God.
- God chose Solomon to build a temple.
- Where does wisdom come from? Wisdom comes from God through His Word.
- God chose Solomon to build a temple where He would well with His people.
Unit Key Passage
“For the Lord gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds success in store for the upright,
he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless.” – Proverbs 2:6-7
Solomon Built the Temple (1 Kings 6-8)
November birthdays are being celebrated!
K-5th grade special birthday party on November 20 during service
We’re continuing our challenge. Boys are winning with $81.65, girls have brought in $44.33. Help our girls in this $500 challenge!